Musselburgh and District Athletic Club are an unincorporated organisation and are affiliated with Scottish Athletics and Team East Lothian.
Musselburgh and District Athletic Club will be a "controller" of the personal information that you provide to us in this form and via our website. On occasion we may require to provide your personal information to third parties, such as Scottish Athletics and Team East Lothian, for the purposes of facilitating entries to competitions and events organised by them.
When you register as a member of Musselburgh and District Athletic Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18 years old), we will ask you for the following personal information:
· contact details– name, address, email address, date of birth;
· membership criteria / category – for example, athlete, parent, volunteer, etc;
· payment details – bank account number, sort code, card details, etc.;
· participation details – for example, parent, athlete, etc.;
· equality information – for example, disability, etc.
When you volunteer with Musselburgh and District Athletic Club we will ask you for the following personal information:
· contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth, etc.;
· participation details – for example, parent, committee, etc.;
· equality information – for example, disability, etc.; and
· PVG membership.
We need to collect our members' personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members' personal information to:
· set up your online membership account;
· send you membership communications by email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fees' information club training and events; and
· facilitate entries to competitions and events organised by third parties.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
We also process our members' personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
· promote and encourage participation in athletics by sending members' communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
· provide competition in athletics by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
· monitor and develop participation in athletics by monitoring members' engagement and participation and inviting our members to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes;
· invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards ceremony and other social events held by Musselburgh and District Athletic Club;
· respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to athletics
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact the Chair of Musselburgh and District Athletic Club. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
We will need to collect personal information relating to criminal convictions or alleged commission of criminal offences where you are required to complete a PVG check under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. This information will include your PVG certificate number, PVG membership number, date of issue and any relevant information in relation to your membership of the PVG Scheme.
If your PVG certificate is not clear, we will have a legitimate interest to collect references and any other applicable information to allow us to consider whether or not you can volunteer in a regulated role with children and/or vulnerable adults.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact the Chair of Musselburgh and District Athletic Club. If we comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a volunteer.
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members, volunteers, participants, athletes, etc. for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
· the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults; and
· the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with Scottish Athletics, Team East Lothian or any other athletics club for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisers for the purposes of taking advice.
Musselburgh and District Athletic Club employs third party suppliers to provide services, including website management and membership management. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as "processors" and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
We publish the results of our competitions on our website. This includes competitors' name, age, and result.
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and is accessed by our committee members for the purposes set out above.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for one year.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Musselburgh and District Athletic Club and for how long. We need to do this in the event of a claim against Musselburgh and District Athletic Club.
You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting our Membership Secretary, Andrew Duncan by email on email@example.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
· you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a "subject access request";
· if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
· you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
· if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Musselburgh and District Athletic Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk